You should. We recommend that all homestays have house rules as it sets the accepted standard for your homestay. They don’t have to be rigid rules, they can be as simple as ‘No smoking allowed indoors’.
What are some examples of house rules?
- Smoking not allowed indoors.
- Please keep our home secure and lock doors and windows when leaving the house.
- Feel free to use the kitchen but please clean up after yourself.
- No pets allowed inside.
- Please do not bring strangers into our home. If you would like to invite a friend over, ask first.
- Please respect our home but feel comfortable. Treat it as your own house for the duration of your stay.