Homestay.com allows you to export your calendar to keep other platforms, such as AirBnb, in sync with your bookings on Homestay.com.
This will allow you to automatically block your availability on AirBnb if you receive a booking from Homestay.com.
We refer to this feature as "Export Calendars" and it is based on a digital calendar format called ICAL.
In order to export the Homestay calendars you need to follow these steps:
1. Log into your Homestay host account
2. Go to your Homestay calendar
3. Scroll to the bottom of the Calendar:
4. Click "Combined calendar (all rooms)", and select/highlight the ICAL address provided
5. Copy the ICAL address with CTRL-C (Windows), CMD-C (Mac) or by right clicking the selection and selecting "Copy" - this will copy the address in your clipboard - make sure the full address is copied, without missing any leading or trailing letters, as per image above.
6. Now open your host account in AirBnb
7. On your hosting section, click "Listing", and then "Availability"
8. Scroll to the bottom of the "Availability" section and click "Import Calendar"
9. You will be presented with a pop up as shown below, you will have to Paste the homestay ICAL Url into it and give it a name, eg "Homestay", and click Import Calendar:
The AirBnb calendar will sync in a few hours and you should see dates blocked on your AirBnb calendar according to bookings in your Homestay calendar.
If you have no bookings on Homestay, you won't see any blocked dates yet, but do not worry they will show up as you accept bookings on Homestay.com.
Please note that, if you have multiple listings set up in AirBnb - eg one for each room - you will have to repeat this process for each room, and select the correct export link at point 4 of this process.